Website Citizens Advice Merton and Lambeth
Free, independent, impartial and confidential
Citizens Advice Merton and Lambeth is the leading advice charity supporting individuals and families primarily across the London boroughs of Lambeth and Merton. We provide a range of information, support and advice services. We also work to raise awareness and understanding of the challenging issues affecting our clients and communities.
We are looking for an experienced Advice Supervisor or experienced Adviser (caseworker) to join our team to train as a supervisor. If you are passionate about supporting individuals and families in need, have a minimum of two years Adviser experience (Citizens Advice or equivalent accreditation), are a natural team leader, enjoy delivering training and are interested in joining a dedicated professional team we would love to hear from you.
You must be prepared to work flexibly, work is currently hybrid working across our offices, outreach locations and home working. Our offices have excellent public transport links and Mitcham also has a car park. We offer a friendly and welcoming work environment and can provide flexible work opportunities dependent on service demands.
- Ensure Advisers are supported with the appropriate level of guidance and supervision
- Complete casework and generalist advice for clients (when required)
- Line manage generalist and specialist Advisers supporting Lambeth residents
- Support and supervise Volunteer Advisers and Assessors
- Ensure the team’s advice is of a high standard and quality assured
- Ensure clients receive a professional and quality service
- With other service managers and Volunteer & Training Officer support volunteer recruitment, training and on-going support.
- Ensure agreed development and training is completed for your staff and volunteer team members
- With wider charity team and other organisations, ensure clients are supported with related advice issues
- Ensure all work is fully compliant with our policies and procedures and Citizens Advice Quality Standard
- Ensure thorough case checking, independent file reviews and Quality of Advice Audit (QAA) assessments are carried out in line with Citizens Advice requirements
- As a service/team manager you are a member of CA Merton and Lambeth’s Service Manager Delivery Team
- Within the above team ensure CA Merton and Lambeth continues to develop Adviser resources to meet service demand and client needs
- Assist and contribute to charity’s communications, research and campaigns work
- Professionally represent Citizens Advice Merton and Lambeth in your work
- Other duties as requested by Head of Advice Services or Chief Executive
The successful applicant will receive comprehensive induction to the charity and our work. We support team members in their professional development to ensure we’re up to date with legislation, case law, policies and procedures relating to benefits and debt and undertake appropriate training as agreed with your line manager (Head of Advice Services).
- Generalist Adviser certificate (Citizens Advice or equivalent) in all subject areas with a minimum of two year’s post certified experience (essential)
- Accredited debt adviser (either through relevant Citizens Advice debt training, Giving Good Debt Advice or Wiser Adviser training) (essential)
- Experience of supervising staff, volunteers or Advice Session Supervision (essential for experienced Advice Supervisor role, desirable for trainee position)
- Experience in providing training to people with different skills (desirable)
- Experience of Casebook (desirable) or client management system (essential)
- Ability to prioritise work, meet deadlines and manage caseload (essential)
- IT competency and experience (essential)
- Ability and willingness to work as a team (essential)
- Understanding of and commitment to the aims and principles of Citizens Advice service and our equality and diversity policies (essential).
Terms and Conditions
- Part time position (3 days a week, preferably Monday to Wednesday)
- Contract: Permanent
- Base location: CAML Office/Outreach/home based
- Salary: £30,000 FTE (£18,000 pro rata) for experienced role, £29,000 FTE (£17,400 pro rata) for trainee role.
- Annual Leave: 25 days per year FTE ( 15 days pro rata), charity day, plus public holidays (pro rata)
- Pension: The charity operates a pension scheme
- Child vouchers: The charity offers a child voucher scheme
- The charity offers an employee assistance programme
If you’re interested in this role and joining us, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please read the Full Job Description and the Application Guidance Notes. Send the completed Application Form and Equality and Diversity Form to firstname.lastname@example.org. (please note we will not consider CVs for this role).
If you wish to confidentially discuss the role with Karen Brunger, our Head of Advice Services, please email Karen on email@example.com in the first instance. The deadline for applications is 12 noon, Friday 12th November 2021. Remote interviews will be held Tuesday 16th November 2021. If you do not hear from us, we are afraid your application was unsuccessful.