Thank you for your interest in the trustee positions at Citizens Advice Merton and Lambeth (CAML). Below you will find information about the charity, the Board, the roles we are seeking to fill, and how to apply.
What we are looking for
We are excited about the future of the organisation and are looking for energetic, talented and committed individuals to help drive the organisation forward to continue its incredible work for the people of Merton and Lambeth. We hope that describes you!
What we do
CA Merton and Lambeth is the leading advice charity supporting individuals and families who live, work or study primarily in the London boroughs of Merton and Lambeth, and across South London. We also work to raise awareness and understanding of the challenging issues affecting individuals and our communities.
We are part of the national Citizens Advice network of around 280 local charities that deliver advice across the country.
Our information, support and advice services are provided via telephone, online and face-to-face. We run three offices open to the public in Morden, Mitcham and Streatham Hill. We also provide information and advice through outreach services in local community venues. Our aim is to empower people to better help themselves. But we are always here with further support and when needed.
The Role of the Board
Each trustee has a responsibility to contribute to discharging the Board’s responsibilities. We do this by:
- Maintaining an understanding of the business of CAML
- Regularly preparing for, attending and participating in meetings
- Actively contributing to setting of policy and strategic direction, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance
- Monitoring our services, ensuring compliance with our governing documents and policies and monitoring maintenance of Citizens Advice standards
- Monitoring the charity’s financial position and ensuring it operates within its means and objects with clear lines of accountability for day-to-day financial management
- Supporting charity development through participation in agreed projects
- Supporting charity’s campaigns and research work
- Actively seeking to further CAML’s strategic objectives and acting in its best interests at all times.
Particular skills/experiences we’re seeking
We are looking for a new Finance Trustee, preferably a qualified and experienced accountant, to join our Board.
The benefits of being a Finance trustee with CAML
Although the role of a trustee is unpaid (reasonable out of pocket expenses are reimbursed), there are many reasons to join us, including:
- Being a trustee is one of the most powerful ways in which you can contribute to your local community and to a cause you really care about.
- Corporations of all sizes are taking voluntary and community enriching activities more seriously with trusteeship considered an effective method of professional development and community engagement available to employees.
- Being a trustee is a fantastic way of developing your strategic experience and oversight, giving you the opportunity to develop and hone your critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Being a trustee can open up your professional network.
How to Apply
After reading the supporting information, interested applicants are asked to email the following to email@example.com.
A covering letter telling us why you would like to be a Finance trustee with CAML.
Signed copy of the Declaration
Diversity monitoring form.
All applications are considered by trustee panel, with shortlisted candidates then invited to an interview.
Documents to download