Citizens Advice Merton and Lambeth is looking to recruit Adviceline Support Officers (part and full time) to join our existing team. These new roles are to support service expansion.
If you’re passionate about supporting individuals in need, have excellent communication skills and are interested in joining a dedicated professional team we would love to hear from you.
As an Adviceline Support Officer you will:
- Use your skills and experience to help others in need over the phone and online
- Be part of our Adviceline team and liaise closely with other services across the charity
- Receive comprehensive induction and ongoing training
- Be a member of our friendly and supportive charity team
You must be prepared to work flexibly, currently due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, work will be home based until a time when our offices re-open. This role is primarily based in our Mitcham Office, but it is envisaged the role will be a mix of office and home working going forward. You could also be asked to work from our Streatham Hill and Morden Offices. Our offices have excellent public transport links and Mitcham also has a carpark. We offer a friendly and welcoming work environment and can provide flexible work opportunities dependent on service demands.
- Support clients contacting Adviceline for information, support and advice
- Support clients on the phone and online using sensitive listening, supportive and questioning skills.
- Assess clients problem(s) using appropriate listening and questioning skills.
- Identify key information about the problem including time limits, key dates and any requirement for urgent advice or action (using Citizens Advice information, scripts and other diagnostic tools, as appropriate).
- Using information resources, tools and knowledge of local and national advice support services, assess and agree the appropriate next step, taking into consideration the client’s ability to self help, the complexity of the problem, the potential consequences and local resources.
- Refer clients appropriately (both internally and externally) in accordance with clients’ needs following agreed protocols.
- Provide excellent customer care and support to anyone who calls, dealing professionally and empathetically with challenging, emotional or distressed customers
- Use IT and client management systems effectively to book appointments, send information, make referrals and record actions.
- Work with the wider charity team and other organisations to ensure clients are supported with related advice issues
- Ensure all work is fully compliant with our policies and procedures
- Assist and contribute to charity’s communications, research and campaigns work
- Professionally represent Citizens Advice Merton and Lambeth
- Other duties as requested by Adviceline Manager or senior managers
The successful applicant will receive comprehensive induction to the charity and our work. We support team members in their professional development to ensure we’re up to date with latest national policy and legislative changes, charity policies and procedures, and undertake appropriate training as agreed with your line manager (Adviceline Manager).
- Experience of working with the public either via phone, online or face-to-face (essential)
- Excellent communication skills (essential)
- Experience of working within a staff and volunteer team (desirable)
- Experience or understanding of advice issues (desirable)
- Knowledge of client management systems or Casebook (desirable)
- Experience of using and navigating recognised support websites (desirable)
- IT competency and experience (desirable)
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of wider charity team
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice service and our equality and diversity policies.
Terms and Conditions
- Permanent, part or full time positions
- Location: Currently remote working, but envisaged will be a mix of remote and office based
- Salary: £21,000 FTE
- Annual Leave: 25 days FTE, charity day, plus public holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Pension: The charity operates a group pension scheme
- The charity offers Child Voucher, Employee Assistance Programme and Work Travel Loan schemes
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the completed Application Form together with Equality Monitoring Information to email@example.com by 6pm, Sunday 13 September 2020. Please note we will not consider CVs for this role.
If you wish to confidentially discuss the role with Bill Petty, Adviceline Manager, please email Bill on firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview on Thursday 17 or Friday 18 September 2020. If you do not hear from us, please accept our thanks for your interest in working for us and note that your application has been unsuccessful.