Need help completing the census?
From this week every household in Lambeth will receive a letter letting people know how they can take part in the census. This is a once-a-decade survey of England and Wales which helps to support policy making, plan public services and inform where billions of pounds are spent, for example, on roads, schools and hospitals.
Each household must fill in the census by law.
If you need help completing your census questionnaire, there is plenty of support available:
1. The census website – https://census.gov.uk/
- · More information on the census and why it is important
- · Where you can go to complete your census online
- · You can request a new 16-digit access code, if required
- · You can request an individual form
- · You can request a paper form
- · You can find guidance in 49 different languages and in British Sign Language https://census.gov.uk/help/languages-and-accessibility/languages
- · You can request information in braille, easy read format and large print https://census.gov.uk/help/languages-and-accessibility/accessibility
2. Census Telephone Support Centre – 0800 141 2021
- · For any questions you have about the census
- · To complete your census over the telephone
- · To request an individual form or a paper form
- · Relay UK users dial 18001 followed by the phone number
3. Census Language Helpline – 0800 587 2021
- · A free translation service is available to help answer your census queries
4. Lambeth Census Virtual Workshop
- · A series of virtual workshops on how to complete the census form https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/142697940381. Myself and my colleague David will be hosting these sessions every Tuesday and Wednesday throughout March and April.
- If you have any questions, please contact your local Census Engagement Manager:
- North Lambeth – David Gwyther, firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: @CensusNLambeth
- South Lambeth – Noah Warwick, email@example.com, Twitter: @CensusSLambeth