Thank you for your interest in the trustee positions at Citizens Advice Merton and Lambeth (CAML). Below you will find information about the charity, the Board, the roles we are seeking to fill, and how to apply.
What we are looking for
We are excited about the future of the organisation and are looking for energetic, talented and committed individuals to help drive the organisation forward to continue its incredible work for the people of Merton and Lambeth. We hope that describes you!
What we do
CA Merton and Lambeth is the leading advice charity supporting individuals and families who live, work or study primarily in the London boroughs of Merton and Lambeth, and across South London. We also work to raise awareness and understanding of the challenging issues affecting individuals and our communities.
We are part of the national Citizens Advice network of around 280 local charities that deliver advice across the country.
Our information, support and advice services are provided via telephone, online and face-to-face. We run three offices open to the public in Morden, Mitcham and Streatham Hill. We also provide information and advice through outreach services in local community venues. Our aim is to empower people to better help themselves. But we are always here with further support and when needed.
The Role of the Board
Each trustee has a responsibility to contribute to discharging the Board’s responsibilities. We do this by:
- Maintaining an understanding of the business of CAML
- Regularly preparing for, attending and participating in meetings
- Actively contributing to setting of policy and strategic direction, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance
- Monitoring our services, ensuring compliance with our governing documents and policies and monitoring maintenance of Citizens Advice standards
- Monitoring the charity’s financial position and ensuring it operates within its means and objects with clear lines of accountability for day-to-day financial management
- Supporting charity development through participation in agreed projects
- Supporting charity’s campaigns and research work
- Actively seeking to further CAML’s strategic objectives and acting in its best interests at all times.
Particular skills/experiences we’re seeking
We are looking for four new trustees to bring our dynamic Board up to full strength and to compliment current Board members. The skills/experiences we are seeking include:
- Financial: Strong financial acumen with an understanding of financial pressures charities face;
- Human resources: Experience in human resources-related law and practice and or volunteer management;
- Fundraising: It is important that CAML is looking upwards and outwards for new sources of income. Fundraising expertise to support the chief executive would further the charity’s ability to maintain our high levels of service;
- Public sector commissioning and delivery: As statutory funding becomes tighter and the nature of the advice sector evolves, we are looking to strengthen the Board’s expertise and insight to support the executive team to take CAML forward.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying and would like more information please download the documents below, fill them in and then forward your CV, covering letter, completed declaration and monitoring form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents to download